The DIBP website now has further information about the temporary suspension of the SIV programme from 24 April 2015 to 30 June 2015:
- all new nominations will be suspended;
- prospective SIV applicants can still lodge Expressions of Interest after 24 April, but they will only be able to be nominated from 1 July 2015 and will be subject to the new complying investment framework;
- the new complying investment framework is still being finalised
- those who have already been invited to apply for an SIV will not be impacted;
- existing SIV applications and those who have already been invited to apply prior to the suspension will continue to be processed under the current regulations;
- Visa processing and visa grant will continue to occur between 24 April 2015 and 30 June 2015 for anyone who has already submitted an application, or who has been nominated prior to 24 April 2015 and then submits an application before 1 July 2015. The current rules (pre 1 July 2015) will apply to them.